Article Text

PDF

Thiamphenicol in the treatment of chancroid in men.
  1. A S Latif

    Abstract

    Thiamphenicol was used to treat 547 men with chancroid. An oral dose of 2.5g was given on the first day and a further dose of 1.25g a week later if the lesions had not healed. Eighty-seven (15.9%) patients defaulted from follow up and 23 (4.2%) had positive serological test results for syphilis. Of the remaining 437 patients, 27 (6.2%) failed to respond to treatment, 258 (59%) were cured after the single dose, and 152 (34.8%) required a second dose. The overall cure rate was 93.8%.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.